Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.56 Analyze the influence of Augustus Caesar, including
the establishment of the Roman Empire and its political, geographic, and economic expansion during the Pax Romana.
A. Clear Target: I can analyze the influence of Augustus Caesar, including the establishment of the Roman Empire and its political, geographic, and economic expansion during the Pax Romana.
B. Bell Ringer: What were Julius Caesar’s accomplishments?
1. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
2. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding in applicable.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW watch the BrainPop video on the Pax Romana (which is here) and complete the questions on the video. TS must log in to BrainPop from their ClassLink pages. After TS log into their BrainPop, they can select the above link. If this does not work TS might have to search for Pax Romana after they log into BrainPop. Then TSW complete the DBQ reading on Augustus Caesar and the Pax Romana. If TS lose their packet, I have provided the link here so that they can print it off at home and add it to their packets: RomeAugustusCaesarRulestheRomanEmpirebyDonNelson-1
3. Lecture Questions: The questions for the Brain Pop are in the notes packet that was provided in class, but the digital copy is here if TS lose their copy or needs another copy: BrainPopPaxRomanaQuestions- To answer the questions TS must select “Enable Editing” at the top of the screen. When completed TSW select, File, Save As, and select desktop as the location. TSW then print off the completed document to turn in. TS does not have access to a printer at school so it must be printed at home. TSW NOT share this document with the teacher via email…keep this as part of your notes for this unit.
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks. Write a law…question and answer to get the writing started
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW complete the questions from their packets on the Pax Romana Brain Pop Video in section “D. Presentation of New Material” above.
2. TSW complete the DBQ on Augustus Caesar and answer the questions at the bottom of the document. The DBQ is in TS’ packets. A copy is provided in section “D. Presentation of New Material” above, in case TS lose their packet.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What were the accomplishments of Rome during the Pax Romana?
H. Assessment: Assignments/Discussion