Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.55
A. Clear Target: I can analyze the influence of Augustus Caesar, including the establishment of the Roman Empire and its political, geographic, and economic expansion during the Pax Romana.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): What were Julius Caesar’s accomplishments?
1. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
2. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding in applicable.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW watch the video on the Pax Romana which is here, and complete the notes questions on the video. Then TSW complete the DBQ reading on Augustus Caesar and the Pax Romana which is here: RomeAugustusCaesarRulestheRomanEmpirebyDonNelson-1
3. Lecture Questions:
- The questions for the Brain Pop were provided in class, but the digital copy is here: BrainPopPaxRomanaQuestions- To answer the questions TS must select “Enable Editing” at the top of the screen. When completed TSW select, File, Save As, and select desktop as the location. TSW not share this document with the teacher…keep this as part of your notes for this unit.
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks. Write a law…question and answer to get the writing started
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW complete their notes on the Pax Romana Brain Pop Video in section “D. Presentation of New Material” above..
2. TSW complete the DBQ on Augustus Caesar and answer the questions at the bottom of the document. TS do not have to complete the drawing portion in the final question. The DBQ is in section “D. Presentation of New Material” above. To answer the questions TS must select “Enable Editing” at the top of the screen. When completed TSW select, File, Save As, and select desktop as the location. TSW not share this document with the teacher. It will be reviewed in class on the next school day.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What were the accomplishments of Rome during the Pax Romana?
H. Assessment: Nearpod/CFUs/Discussion/Quiz