Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate an understanding of the Punic Wars; its key players; and the role of new fighting techniques
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): N/A
1. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
2. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding in applicable.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW complete an EdPuzzle on the Punic wars. TSW go to EdPuzzle through their Class Link accounts and sign in. TSW then go to their class period on the EdPuzzle site for Social Studies and select the “Punic Wars” EdPuzzle. TSW answer the questions in EdPuzzle as they go through the assignment. TSW also write each question and answer from the EdPuzzle in their notebooks as their notes for this lesson. If TS complete the assignment they are to work on missing work for Social Studies or another class. If TS do not have any missing work they can write, read, or draw.
3. Lecture Questions: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks. Write a law…question and answer to get the writing started
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW complete the EdPuzzle and answer all of its questions in the EdPuzzle.
2. TSW complete their notes using the EdPuzzle in section “D. Presentation of New Material.”
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What was the importance of the Punic Wars to Rome?
H. Assessment: EdPuzzle/CFUs/Discussion/Quiz