Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.36-6.37
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate a general understanding of ancient China’s geography, and its impacts on the development of ancient China’s civilization.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW complete the quiz on the previous class’ lesson. Here is the link to the quiz.
2. Virtual Only: TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): What was the impact of the Silk Road on China, Asia, and Europe at the time?
b. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
c. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
3. Traditional only: TSW write the questions from Section D. Presentation of New Material, number 3. a-? in their notebooks and leave space under each question to answer it. This will be graded at the end of the lecture.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding.
D. Presentation of New Material: Review of the previous day’s lesson
1. Traditional and Virtual:
2. Virtual Only:
3. Lecture Questions:
3. Simulation: N/A
4. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Nearpod Results; Lecture Questions; Closure Question(s); quiz; Independent Practice
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW open up the silk road document so that it can be reviewed in class. Here is the link: Silk Road WS Fillable PDF
En español. TSW abre el documento de la ruta de la seda para que pueda ser revisado en clase. Aqui esta el link: Silk Road WS Fillable PDF
2. TSW go to Quizlet, open up the Ancient China Quizlet and complete flashcards. TSW write the term on one side of the card, and the definition on the opposite side for all of the flashcards in the Quizlet. The flashcards are due on on the second class day from this lesson. These cards will be used to play Face Off in a lesson prior to the test. Here is the link for De’Shaun.
En español. TSW ve a Quizlet, abre Ancient China Quizlet y completa tarjetas. TSW escribe el término en un lado de la tarjeta y la definición en el lado opuesto para todas las flashcards del Quizlet. Las flashcards deben entregarse el segundo día de clase de esta lección. Estas tarjetas se usarán para jugar Face Off en una lección antes de la prueba.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What was the impact of the Silk Road on China, Asia, and Europe at the time?
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice