Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.36-6.37
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate a general understanding of ancient China’s silk road, and its impacts on the development of ancient China’s civilization.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW complete the quiz on the previous class’ lesson. Here is the link to the quiz.
2. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): What was the most important political move that the Han dynasty made?
b. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
c. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
3. TSW write the questions from Section D. Presentation of New Material, number 2. (From the Nearpod) in their notebooks and leave space under each question to answer it. This will be graded at the end of the lecture.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding.
D. Presentation of New Material:
1. Traditional and Virtual: TSW complete their notes by writing down the questions and answers from the Nearpod Quizzes that pop up. TSW only write down the questions that pop up in the Nearpod. The Nearpod will show the students the correct answers after they answer each questions. TSW ensure that they write down the correct answers. TSW be able to use this for their quiz on the Silk Road. To get to the Nearpod the students must go to Classlink and select the Nearpod Icon. From their they will enter the code: KWIVF and complete the Nearpod at their own pace.
En español. TSW complete sus notas escribiendo las preguntas y respuestas del Nearpod. TSW solo escribe las preguntas que aparecen en el Nearpod. El Nearpod mostrará a los estudiantes las respuestas correctas después de que respondan cada pregunta. TSW se asegura de que anoten las respuestas correctas. TSW podrá usar esto para su cuestionario sobre la dinastía Han. Para llegar al Nearpod, los estudiantes deben ir a Classlink y seleccionar el icono de Nearpod.
3. Lecture Questions: The lecture questions are in the Nearpod. TSW write the questions and the answers down from the Nearpod into their notebooks.
4. Simulation: N/A
5. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Nearpod Results; Lecture Questions; Closure Question(s); quiz; Independent Practice
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW complete their notes and their answers to the questions if not completed during the lecture.
En español. TSW completa sus notas y sus respuestas a las preguntas si no las completa durante la conferencia.
2. TSW complete the the Silk Road Worksheet by using the Nearpod presentation and their notes. Silk Road WS Fillable PDF
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What was the impact of the Silk Road on China, Asia, and Europe at the time?
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice