Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.51: Identify and locate the geographical features of ancient Rome, including: • Constantinople • Italian Alps • Italian Peninsula • Mediterranean Sea •Rome • Tiber River
A. Clear Target: I can Identify and locate the geographical features of ancient Rome, including: • Constantinople • Italian Alps • Italian Peninsula • Mediterranean Sea •Rome • Tiber River
B. Set: TTW tell some jokes, or ask some riddles to the students in order to get their brains ready for learning.
C. Bell Ringer: Work on and turn in your Greece Notes Packet.
1. TTW review the clear target with the students ensuring understanding of the new terms (if any) and then lead a discussion on the bell ringer to ensure that the students understand the information in the lesson from the class prior.
a. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, and the discussion is complete, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
b. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW open the video and compete their guided notes and the pages of the packet that relate to lesson. Here is the link to the video(s): Ancient Roman Geography
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU):
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW demonstrate for the students how to: Find and open the document; use the document; turn in the document when completed. TTW have a student share their screen and demonstrate all of the steps. TTW assist, and have the class assist the student demonstrator with answering the first question as needed. TTW also explain any activities in section F and get the students started on it by beginning the activity with them.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day):
1. TSW complete their guided notes.
2. Complete the activities in the packet.
3. TSW Complete the DBQ: Roman Geography DBQ
4. Additional Videos and Questions (The questions are written down and answered on your own paper, which is then added (Stapled) to the back of your packet):
G. Closure: Discuss the clear target and how it relates to the previous lesson. If time permits discuss the video from today’s lesson.
H. Assessment: Class Discussion; The assignments