Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.34
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate a general understanding of Confucianism in ancient China and its impacts on the development of ancient China’s civilization.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): What have you learned about Ancient China’s rivers?
b. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
c. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
2. TSW write the questions from Section D. Presentation of New Material, number 2. a-e in their notebooks and leave space under each question to answer it. This will be graded at the end of the lecture.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding.
D. Presentation of New Material:
1. TSW complete their notes by writing down the underlined portions of the presentation. While the students are listening to the lecture, they will answer the questions that they wrote down in their notebooks for the bell ringer. The notes that the students are to write down are underlined in the presentation video. Here is the link to the video.
2. Lecture Questions:
- a. What was Confucius’ real name?
- b. What were Confucius’ teaching concepts?
- c. What did Confucius believe had happened to the leaders of China?
- d. What were Confucius’ writings called?
- e. What did Confucius believe about the people of China?
3. Video in Video N/A
4. Simulation: N/A
5. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Lecture Questions; Closure Question(s); quiz; Independent Practice
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated): TSW complete their notes and their answers to the questions
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What were the main concepts that Confucius taught?
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice