Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.18 Analyze the important achievements of the ancient Egyptian civilization, including: Hieroglyphics; papyrus; the Giza Necropolis (the pyramids and sphynx at Giza).
A. Clear Target: I can explain the importance of the ancient Egyptian achievements to include: Hieroglyphics; papyrus; the pyramids; and the sphynx.
B. Bell Ringer:
2. Previous Day’s Clear Target: I can explain the polytheistic religion of ancient Egypt, to include beliefs about the afterlife, mummification, and the use of pyramids.
a. Discussion: TSW participate in a discussion over the previous lesson’s clear target.
b. Review: After the class has answered the question and participated in the discussion over the previous lesson’s clear target to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW introduce the day’s clear target and have students help break it down.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW review the Haastyle History Video on Ancient Egyptian Accomplishments, ensuring that they create flashcards when they see the underlined items and or are asked to in the video. Here is the link to the video: Haastyle History Ancient Egyptian Accomplishments
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Closure Question(s); quiz
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW will complete the flashcards from the Haastyle History Video. The flashcards do not have to be on cards, they can be in the students’ notebooks with the term on top and the definition on the bottom.
2. TSW complete the notes DBQ packet that is handed out from the teacher. When they have completed it, they will place it into their three ring binder and make it part of their unit three notes packet that is to be turned in on the day of the unit three test.
3. TSW complete the Ancient Egyptian Achievements Quiz and submit the document through GCR when they are done. The link to the quiz is here: Ancient Egyptian Achievements Quiz
G. Closure: TSW be able to participate in the next lesson’s discussion over the covered material.
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice/Closure discussion/Quiz if used/ Exit Ticket if used;