Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.16 Explain the polytheistic religion of ancient Egypt, with respect to beliefs about the afterlife, the reasons for mummification, and the use of pyramids.
A. Clear Target: I can explain the polytheistic religion of ancient Egypt, to include beliefs about the afterlife, mummification, and the use of pyramids.
B. Bell Ringer: Open EdPuzzle and join your assigned class. Here are the codes:
1. Question: Explain the Egyptian religion.
2. Previous Day’s Clear Target: I can explain the polytheistic religion of ancient Egypt, to include beliefs about the afterlife, mummification, and the use of pyramids.
a. Discussion: TSW participate in a discussion over the previous lesson’s clear target.
b. Review: After the class has answered the question and participated in the discussion over the previous lesson’s clear target to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW introduce the day’s clear target and have students help break it down.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW review the Haastyle History Video on Mummification Ensuring that they create notecards when they see the underlined items and or are asked to in the video. Here is the link to the video: Haastyle History Burial Rites of Ancient Egypt
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Discussion
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW will complete the flashcard type notes from the Haastyle History Video. The flashcards will be written on the students paper and placed into their 3 ring binder. TSW write the flashcard notes by writing them with the term on top, and the definition on the bottom. For example:
The Egyptian king of the gods and the father of all creation
Egyptian god of war, chaos and storms
2. TSW complete the Making of a Mummy game and answer the questions over it. The link for the making of a mummy game is here: Mummification Game. You have to click to enable Flash Player when it asks you to in order to play the game. Make sure that you are doing the reading as you select things so that you can answer the questions.
G. Closure: TSW be able to participate in the next day’s class discussion.
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice/Closure discussion/Quiz if used/ Exit Ticket if used;