Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.01: Identify the meaning of time designations and abbreviations used by historians, including: • BC / BCE • AD / CE • Circa (c. or ca), decades, centuries; 6.02: Describe the characteristics of the nomadic hunter-gatherer societies, including their use of: • Basic hunting weapons • Fire • Shelter • Tools
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate an understanding of time designations and their meanings; I can also describe the characteristics of nomadic hunter-gatherer societies and how they lived.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): What is something that you learned about early humans from the Quizlet activity?
1. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW review the previous day’s lesson by leading a discussion.
2. When the teacher feels the information was properly covered and the students have an understanding of the previous day’s information, TTW briefly review the current day’s lesson with the students.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target to ensure that the students understand it/them and try to peak the students’ interest in the topic of the day.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW open their laptops and go to the class website and watch two videos. The first video is a notes video over Early Humans. The second video is an early human Cave Art video. TSW will take notes and answer required questions from the videos. The notes video is linked here. The Cave Art assignment video is linked here.
The worksheet for the Cave Art video is in section F. Independent Practice, number 2. below.
3. Lecture Questions: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to today’s lesson and its materials. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks. TTW help TS get started on the notes and concept mapping.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. Begin working on the unit one packet that was passed out
2. Complete the video and questions for cave art. Here is a link to the assignment.
3. Study for a quiz over lesson one
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What is something that you learned about early humans from the Quizlet activity?