Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.01-6.04
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate any prior knowledge and my ability to demonstrate new knowledge on Early Humans by completing the pretest with at least an 80%
B. Bell Ringer: Open your laptops. Then go to the class website and find today’s lesson. Join my Google Classroom: ip2jm25; Join my Quizlet
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson: N/A
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): N/A
1. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
2. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them and try to peak the students’ interest in the topic of the day.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW review the unit 1 flashcards in Quizlet for approximately the first 10 minutes of class. After the review period is over, TSW set up a test in Quizlet and use the options to make the test all multiple choice, and 45 of 45 questions. TSW take the test until they get a minimum of an 80% After at lest four students complete the test, TTW set up a game of Quizlet Live for the students to play. TTW add students that complete the test with a minimum of an 80% throughout the class period until the class is over. Here is the link to the Quizlet
3. Lecture Questions: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to and use Quizlet. TTW also show the students how to set up the test in Quizlet and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW Study the Quizlet flashcards for the first 10 minutes of class (the link is in section “D. Presentation of New Material”
2. TSW set up the Quizlet test as all multiple choice and using all 45 questions. After the students attain an 80% or higher on the pretest, they will get to join a Quizlet live game.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What is something that you learned about early humans from the Quizlet activity?