Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.55
A. Clear Target: I can describe the characteristics of Julius Caesar’s rule, including: Leadership in the military; popularity amongst the Plebeians; role as dictator for life; and his assassination.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): Describe Rome’s Social classes.
1. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
2. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW read the passages on Julius Caesar and answer the worksheet questions that go along with it in their notes packet. Both the reading passages and the questions are in their notes packets. The link is provided in case TS is absent and or does not have their packet. The worksheet questions and answers are to be written on their own paper if they do not have their packet, and TS can add it to their packet once they get it. Here is the link to the Reading and the Worksheet Questions: Julius Caesar Reading and worksheet
3. Lecture Questions: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks. Write a law…question and answer to get the writing started
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW take a knowledge check on Rome’s Government and Social System. TS must complete this knowledge check. TS can use their notes. Here is the link.
2. TSW complete the Julius Caesar reading and Worksheet Questions that are in their notes packet. The link is provided in case TS is absent and or does not have their packet. The worksheet questions and answers are to be written on their own paper if they do not have their packet, and TS can add it to their packet once they get it. Here is the link. It is the same link that is in Section “D. Presentation of New Material” above.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: Why was Julius Caesar so popular?
H. Assessment: Nearpod/CFUs/Discussion/Quiz