Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.55
A. Clear Target: I can describe the characteristics of Julius Caesar’s rule, including: Leadership in the military; popularity amongst the Plebeians; role as dictator for life; and his assassination.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): Describe Rome’s Social classes.
1. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
2. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW read the passages on Julius Caesar and answer the quiz questions that go along with it. They may use the passages while answering the questions.
3. Lecture Questions: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks. Write a law…question and answer to get the writing started
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW take a quiz on Rome’s Government and Social System. TS can use their notes. Here is the link.
2. TSW complete the Julius Caesar reading and quiz. TS can use the reading passages. NOTE: THE FIRST 12 QUESTIONS ON THE QUIZ ARE MATCHING. TSW MATCH THE STATEMENT (QUESTION) WITH THE APPROPRIATE RESPONSE FROM THE DROP DOWN LIST. EACH RESPONSE IS USED ONCE. Here is the link.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: Why was Julius Caesar so popular?
H. Assessment: Nearpod/CFUs/Discussion/Quiz