Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.25-6.30
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate a general understanding of ancient India’s geography, religion, culture, civilization, contributions, and important figures.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
2. Previous Day’s Clear Target: I can demonstrate an understanding of all of Unit 4’s standards.
3. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): What have you learned about Ancient Israel?
a. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
b. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW go to www.kahoot.it and play the Kahoot from the following link: India Kahoot TSW replay the game until class is over trying to improve their score. The top three scores at the end of the class get prizes. TSW turn off the audio while playing the Kahoot.
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Closure Question(s); quiz; Independent Practice
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW will participate in a Kahoot, and answer the questions in it.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What is one thing that you learned about Ancient India?
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice