Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.01-6.04 Re-Test/6.05-6.12 for Pre-Test
A. Clear Target:
1. I can demonstrate my understanding of Early Humans by completing the re-test with at least a 100%
2. I can demonstrate any prior knowledge and my ability to demonstrate new knowledge on Mesopotamia by completing the pretest with at least an 80%
B. Bell Ringer: Open your laptops. Then go to the class website and find today’s lesson. If you did not finish and submit your test, get your study guide out and study for the test. You will finish the test during this class period. If you did finish and submit the test then you are taking the re-test, regardless of your score on the Unit Test until you get a 100 percent, and then you are taking the pre-test for the next unit until you get at least an 80%. The links are in section D below.
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson: N/A
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): N/A
1. Review: N/A
2. Additional Work: N/A
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them and try to peak the students’ interest in the topic of the day.
D. Presentation of New Material: Any student that did not attain a score of 80% or higher on the Unit one test must take the re-test. TSW review the unit 1 or unit 2 flashcards in Quizlet for approximately the first 10 minutes of class. After the review period is over, TSW set up a test in Quizlet and use the options to make the test all multiple choice, and for all of the questions. TSW take the: Re-test until they get a 100% and the pre-test until they get a minimum of an 80% After the students complete the Re-test, they are to start on the pre-test. After the students complete the pre-test they are to work on missing work from other classes, or write, read or draw. Here is the link to the re-test Quizlet . Here is the link to the Pre-test Quizlet.
3. Lecture Questions: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to and use Quizlet. TTW also show the students how to set up the test in Quizlet and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW Study the Quizlet flashcards for the first 10 minutes of class (the link is in section “D. Presentation of New Material”
2. TSW set up the Quizlet test as all multiple choice and using all of the questions. After the students achieve a 100% on the re-test, they must start the pre-test. After the students attain an 80% or higher on the pretest, they can work on missing work, write, read or draw.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What is something that you learned about early humans from the Quizlet activity?