Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.35
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate a general understanding of ancient China’s Qin Dynasty, and its impacts on the development of ancient China’s civilization.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): What do you think caused the warring states period?
b. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
c. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
2. TSW write the questions from Section D. Presentation of New Material, number 2. a-g in their notebooks and leave space under each question to answer it. This will be graded at the end of the lecture.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding.
D. Presentation of New Material:
1. TSW complete their notes by writing down any underlined portions of the presentation. While the students are listening to the lecture, they will answer the questions that they wrote down in their notebooks for the bell ringer. The lecture questions are written below. The notes that the students are to write down are underlined in the presentation video. Here is the link to the video.
En español. TSW completa sus notas escribiendo las partes subrayadas de la presentación. Mientras los alumnos escuchan la conferencia, responderán las preguntas que anotaron en sus cuadernos para el timbre de la campana. Las preguntas de la conferencia están escritas a continuación. Los estudiantes pueden tomar notas durante la conferencia, pero deben obtener respuestas a las preguntas ya que serán calificadas después de la conferencia. Las notas que los estudiantes deben escribir están subrayadas en la presentación. Si no completan las notas durante la conferencia, deben ver el video y completar sus notas del video. Aquí está el enlace al video.
2. Lecture Questions: Write these questions in your notebook and leave space to answer them underneath each question. En español. Preguntas de la conferencia: Escriba estas preguntas en su cuaderno y deje espacio para responderlas debajo de cada pregunta.
- a. What was the mandate of heaven?
- b. Why did Chinese rulers develop and use the mandate of heaven?
- c. How did Legalism impact the development of China?
- d. What were the main policies of Qin Shi Huang?
- e. What did standardized copper and gold coins do for China?
- f. What was the purpose of Qin Shi Huang’s policies?
- g. What did Qin Shi Huang say in his policies to show his purpose for them?
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
4. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Lecture Questions; Closure Question(s); quiz; Independent Practice
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW complete their notes and their answers to the questions.
En español. TSW completa sus notas y sus respuestas a las preguntas si no las completa durante la conferencia.
2. TSW complete the Qin Dynasty EdPuzzle by going to the EdPuzzle site and logging into their appropriate class by class period. 3rd: nencibr 4th: lebfefo 5th: hatzitu 6th: ibpanei
En español. TSW completa el EdPuzzle de Filosofías chinas yendo al sitio de EdPuzzle e iniciando sesión en su clase apropiada por período de clase. 3 °: nencibr 4 °: lebfefo 5 °: hatzitu 6 °: ibpanei
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What was the system of government used by the Qin dynasty, and how do you think it affected the longevity of their rule?
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice