Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.36: Explain how the implementation of the philosophy of Confucianism led to the political success and longevity of the Han Dynasty.
A. Clear Target: I can explain how the implementation of the philosophy of Confucianism led to the political success and longevity of the Han Dynasty.
B. Set: TTW tell some jokes, or ask some riddles to the students in order to get their brains ready for learning.
C. Bell Ringer: TSW take the Qin Dynasty Bell Ringer Quiz
1. TTW review the clear target with the students ensuring understanding of the new terms (if any) and then lead a discussion on the bell ringer to ensure that the students understand the information in the lesson from the class prior.
a. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, and the discussion is complete, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
b. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW open the video and compete their guided notes and the pages of the packet that relate to lesson. Here is the link to the video: The Han Dynasty
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU):
2. Video in Video N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW demonstrate for the students how to: Find and open the document; use the document; turn in the document when completed. TTW have a student share their screen and demonstrate all of the steps. TTW assist, and have the class assist the student demonstrator with answering the first question as needed. TTW also explain any activities in section F and get the students started on it by beginning the activity with them.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day):
1. TSW complete their guided notes
2. Complete the activities in the packet.
3. TSW Complete the DBQ: The Han Dynasty DBQ
4. Additional Videos: TSW watch the Han Dynasty beginning and accomplishments video and be prepared to answer the questions below. Hint…you might want to take these as notes. Here are the questions:
- Who was the first emperor of the Han Dynasty?
- What are three things that improved warfare that the Han invented?
- What is something that the Han used the kite for?
- What are three things that the Han invented to help farming?
- What did the Han dynasty learn about the heart?
- What are two scientific inventions that the Han made?
G. Closure: Discuss the clear target and how it relates to the previous lesson. If time permits discuss the video from today’s lesson.
H. Assessment: Class Discussion; The assignments