Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.35: Explain the significance of the unification of ancient China into the first Chinese empire by Qin Shi Huangdi, beginning the Qin Dynasty.
A. Clear Target: I can explain the significance of the unification of ancient China into the first Chinese empire by Qin Shi Huangdi, beginning the Qin Dynasty.
B. Set: TTW tell some jokes, or ask some riddles to the students in order to get their brains ready for learning.
C. Bell Ringer: Would you choose Confucianism or Daoism and why?
1. TTW review the clear target with the students ensuring understanding of the new terms (if any) and then lead a discussion on the bell ringer to ensure that the students understand the information in the lesson from the class prior.
a. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, and the discussion is complete, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
b. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW open the video and compete their guided notes and the pages of the packet that relate to lesson. Here is the link to the video: The Qin Dynasty
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU):
2. Video in Video N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW demonstrate for the students how to: Find and open the document; use the document; turn in the document when completed. TTW have a student share their screen and demonstrate all of the steps. TTW assist, and have the class assist the student demonstrator with answering the first question as needed. TTW also explain any activities in section F and get the students started on it by beginning the activity with them.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day):
1. TSW complete their guided notes
2. Complete the activities in the packet.
3. TSW Complete the DBQ: The Qin Dynasty DBQ
4. Watch the videos and answer the questions on your own paper. Attach the questions and answers to your packet: Video One… Question: What did you notice about the weapons in the video? Video Two… The three questions are in the Qin Dynasty Video. If the links do not work for you, Right click on the link and copy the link. Then paste the link into a browser.
G. Closure: Discuss the clear target and how it relates to the previous lesson. If time permits discuss the video from today’s lesson.
H. Assessment: Class Discussion; The assignments