Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.31-6.38
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate a general understanding of ancient China’s geography, religion, culture, civilization, contributions, and important figures.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
2. Previous Day’s Clear Target: I can demonstrate a general understanding of ancient India’s geography, religion, culture, civilization, contributions, and important figures.
3. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): What have you learned about Ancient China?
a. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
b. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW complete an Ancient China overview EdPuzzle by going to their period’s EdPuzzle class and selecting the “Ancient China” EdPuzzle.
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Closure Question(s); quiz; Independent Practice
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW complete the Ancient China overview EdPuzzle
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What is one thing that you learned about Ancient China?
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice