Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.17 Examine the cultural diffusion of ancient Egypt with the surrounding civilizations through trade and conflict, including its relationship with Nubia.
A. Clear Target: I can explain the importance and impact of trade, and the importance of farming on trade in ancient Egyptian society.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. Question: Who was the most important Egyptian Pharaoh and why?
2. Previous Day’s Clear Target: I can explain the importance of the ancient Egyptian Pharaohs, their accomplishments, and their impacts on Egypt and beyond.
a. Discussion: TSW be able to participate in a discussion over the previous lesson’s clear target. After the discussion.
b. Review: TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and or bell ringer to ensure that the students understand it/them. TTW lead a discussion on the assignment from the day before to ensure understanding.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW will watch the Haastyle History Video and complete their notes. Here is the Haastyle History Video link. TSW then complete the EdPuzzle titled “Egypt Economy.” TSW write down anything that they think is important from the EdPuzzle on the blank Lesson 9 notes pages provided.
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Closure Question(s); quiz; Independent Practice
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW will watch the Haastyle History video and write their guided notes.
2. TSW then complete the EdPuzzle titled “Egypt Economy.” TSW write down anything that they think is important from the EdPuzzle on the blank Lesson 9 notes pages provided. The links for both videos are in the Presentation of New Material (Section D, above).
3. TSW complete Part 2 Thinking Skills “The Gift of the Nile” section of their notes packet.
G. Closure: TSW be able to participate in a discussion over the previous lesson.
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice