Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
NOTE: THIS IS A TWO DAY LESSON. DAY ONE TSW COMPLETE SECTION D VIDEO AND GUIDED NOTES OVER THE VIDEO. TSW ALSO COMPLETE THE CHECK FOR UNDERSTANDING QUESTIONS OVER THE VIDEO AND GUIDED NOTES ; ON DAY TWO OF THE LESSON TSW COMPLETE: SECTION F.; THE READINGS AND QUESTIONS OVER THE READINS; AND THE CONCEPT MAPPING SECTION OF THE GUIDED NOTES .
I. Standard(s): Identify important achievements of the Mesopotamian civilization, including cuneiform, clay tablets, and ziggurats, and identify the Epic of Gilgamesh as the oldest written epic.
A. Clear Target: I can identify important achievements of the Mesopotamian civilization, including cuneiform, clay tablets, and ziggurats.
B. Set:TTW tell some jokes to get everyone in the learning mindset. TTW also review the classroom/school rules, clear target and discuss the bell ringer.
1. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
2. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Bell Ringer:
1. Day One of Lesson: On your own paper, explain monarchies; the importance of Sargon and who he was; & the importance of Hammurabi and who he was
2. Day Two of Lesson: Complete the quiz over the guided notes. Here is the link.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW watch a video on Mesopotamian religions by clicking here.
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Answers to the teacher led discussions from above.
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW demonstrate for the students how to: Find and open the document; use the document; turn in the document when completed. TTW have a student share their screen and demonstrate all of the steps. TTW assist, and have the class assist the student demonstrator with answering the first question.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day): TSW complete question number two from the stimulus preview over religion in Mesopotamia that is in their notes packet.
G. Closure: TTW stop class about 10 minutes before the end of class to discuss the clear target.
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice/Closure discussion/Quiz if used/ Exit Ticket if used
I. Enrichment: N/A