Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.04: Identify and explain the importance of the following key characteristics of civilizations: • Culture • Government • Religion • Social structure • Stable food supply • Technology • Writing
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate an understanding of, and describe the main characteristics of society.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. TSW be able to answer the question below based on the previous lesson’s clear target in order to provide Closure for the previous day’s lesson:
a. Previous Day’s Lesson’s Closure Question(s): Go to lesson 3 and complete the quiz. Here is the link to the quiz. After you have completed the quiz, be prepared to complete the review below in #1.
1. Question: Why was the invention of agriculture so important for humanity? How has it affected us today? What was the Agricultural Revolution?
2. When the teacher feels the information was properly covered and the students have an understanding of the previous day’s information, TTW briefly review the current day’s lesson with the students.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target to ensure that the students understand it/them and try to peak the students’ interest in the topic of the day.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW open their laptops and go to the class website and watch the video. TSW will take notes and answer any required questions from the video. Here is the link to the video: Unit One, Lesson 4: Characteristics of Civilization
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s lesson and activities. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. Begin working on the unit one packet that was passed out
2. No additional assignment today:)
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What are the main characteristics of civilization and why are they important. Be prepared to define and explain each characteristic,