The assignment is to be completed in class. If it is not completed in class, it is due the next class day.
Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.27
A. Clear Target: I can demonstrate a general understanding of ancient Indian traditions, the caste system, and their impact on everyday life.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. Previous Day’s Clear Target: I can demonstrate a general understanding of ancient India’s religions, and how they affected the development of their culture and civilization.
a. Discussion: TTW lead a discussion over the previous day’s clear target and gauge the level of understanding.
b. Notes Corrections: During the discussion TSW use their notes and make corrections as needed.
2. Statement(s): Buddhism and Hinduism are two major religions that began in India. Hinduism has no known founder, and Buddhism was founded by Siddhartha Gautama.
a. Directions: TSW analyze the statement(s) and determine if it/they are True or False. TSW write their answer on the Haastag and post it. TSW then write the statement in their notes. If the statement is false, they will correct the statement to make it true as they write it down. Next TSW write down everything that they can remember about the statement(s) into their notes. TSW share with their group for the final step and add to their lists the things that other students remembered that they did not, as long as the group agrees to add the item.
b. Review: After the class has completed the activity to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: Understanding that everyone has trauma, TTW start off the lesson with the “Riddle Me This” game. Here the teacher reads 4 riddles, one for each team in the class, and gives 10 behavior points to each group that gets a riddle correct. After this, if time allows, TTW have everyone stand up and move around to a song of the day for about 30 seconds.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW complete the Class Assignment (EdPuzzle): “India Intro: Origins of Indian Traditions”
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Closure Question(s); quiz; Independent Practice
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW complete the Nearpod from Section D. Presentation of New Material.
2. Extra Credit: Complete this ancient Israel worksheet for extra credit assessment points. Here is the link to the Extra Credit Israel worksheet.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: What are some differences between Buddhism and Hinduism?
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice