Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.22: Describe the origins and central features of Judaism: Key Person(s): Abraham, Moses • Sacred Texts: The Tanakh (i.e., Hebrew Bible) • Basic Beliefs: monotheism, Ten Commandments, emphasis on individual worth and personal responsibility
A. Clear Target: I can describe the origins and central features of Judaism, including: Key Persons and basic beliefs
B. Set: TTW tell some jokes, or ask some riddles to the students in order to get their brains ready for learning.
C. Bell Ringer:
1. Question: TSW use their notes to complete the quiz over the Basics of Judaism. Here is the link.
2. Review: After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, and the discussion is complete, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW watch a video on ancient Israel’s Politics. While they are watching the video TSW complete their guided notes and any activities in the packet that can be completed from the presentation. The items that complete activities in the packet are usually highlighted in the presentation. Here is the Link to the Video: The Rule of Law
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU):
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW demonstrate for the students how to: Find and open the document; use the document; turn in the document when completed. TTW have a student share their screen and demonstrate all of the steps. TTW assist, and have the class assist the student demonstrator with answering the first question as needed. TTW also explain any activities in section F and get the students started on it by beginning the activity with them.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day):
1. TSW complete The Rule of Law DBQ in their guided notes packet. Here is the link in case TS need to print it out at home: Rule of Law
2. Complete the activities in the packet.
G. Closure: TTW discuss the lesson’s material briefly at the end of class if there is time. Remind students that the notes packet is due on the next class day unless otherwise stated.
H. Assessment: Bell Ringer and discussions.