Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.17 Analyze the impact of key figures from ancient Egypt, including: Growth under the leadership of Queen Hatshepsut and her economic policies; Ramses the Great’s Military Conquests leading to the growth of the Kingdom; significance of the discovery of Tutankhamun’s (King Tut’s) tomb on the understanding of ancient Egypt
A. Clear Target: I can explain the importance of the ancient Egyptian Pharaohs, their accomplishments, and their impacts on Egypt and beyond.
B. Bell Ringer:
1. Question: What was the greatest Egyptian accomplishment?
2. Discussion: I can demonstrate knowledge of the important terms from unit three.
a. Review: TSW be able to participate in a discussion over the previous lesson’s clear target. After the discussion, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with them.
b. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson.
C. Set: TTW lead a discussion on the clear target and have the students help to break it down.
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW review and complete the Haastyle History Video EdPuzzle on Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs.
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Closure Question(s); quiz
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW show the students how to get to the day’s presentation of new material and independent practice; and explain what they are doing to complete the day’s lesson. TTW then choose a student at random to perform the same tasks.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW will complete the EdPuzzle.
2. TSW be able to create and or find a meme to post in their class period’s Padlet classroom to answer the question and describe what they believe is Ancient Egypt’s greatest achievement. Here is the Padlet Link. Be prepared to discuss and explain your meme and achievement.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer the following question(s) in the next day’s class discussion: Who was the greatest ancient Egyptian Pharaoh and why?
H. Assessment: Quiz/Discussions/The guided practice