Note: TTW= The Teacher Will; TSW= The Students Will; GCR= Google Classroom
I. Standard(s): 6.16: Explain the polytheistic religion of ancient Egypt, with respect to beliefs about the afterlife, the reasons for mummification, and the use of pyramids.
A. Clear Target: I can explain the polytheistic religion of ancient Egypt, with respect to beliefs about the afterlife, the reasons for mummification, and the use of pyramids.
B. Set: TTW read jokes/riddles to the students to get them ready to learn. TTW then lead a discussion over the clear target and bell ringer to gage their understanding.
C. Bell Ringer:
1. Question: TSW complete the Google Worksheet. Here is the link.
2. Discussion: TTW lead a discussion on the previous day’s lesson. TSW answer questions about the lesson. After the class has answered the question to the best of their ability, TTW assess if there needs to be a review of the previous day’s lesson. If a review is needed, TTW have the students get out their notes and will review the material with TT. If no review is needed TTW have the students get ready for today’s lesson
D. Presentation of New Material: TSW watch a video on Ancient Egypt’s religion. While watching the videos, TSW fill in their guided notes . Here is the link to the video: Gods of Egypt
1. Checks For Understanding (CFU): Discussion
2. Video in Video N/A
3. Simulation: N/A
E. Guided Practice: TTW demonstrate for the students how to: Find and open the day’s lesson. TTW have a student explain all of the steps.
F. Independent Practice (The assignments are due the next school day unless otherwise stated):
1. TSW complete their map from section D above.
2. TSW complete the Gods of Egypt DBQ. Here is the link.
G. Closure: TSW be able to answer questions in the nest class’ discussion over the Geography video.
H. Assessment: Question and answer/Discussions/The guided practice/Closure discussion/Quiz if used/ Exit Ticket if used;